Poetry Quiz – Book Quizzes Online
1. Which of these poems did Lewis Carroll write?
The Walrus and the Carpenter
The Owl and the Pussycat
The Dong with a Luminous Nose
2. Rupert Brooke wrote ‘The Soldier’ during which war?
World War Two
World War One
3. Which part of Britain inspired William Wordsworth to write the ‘Daffodils’
4. Which of the following odes was NOT written by John Keats?
Ode to a Roman Vase
Ode to a Nightingale
Ode to Fanny
5. Who wrote the famous line “God’s in his heaven, All’s right with the world!”?
6. Which of these poets was NOT born in England?
7. Who was born first?
8. Which pessimist wrote “Nowhere to go but out, Nowhere to come but back”?
Benjamin Franklin King
9. What was Robert Frost’s middle name?
10. Name the poet who infamously married his 13 year old cousin?
Edgar Allen Poe
Answers to the Poetry Quiz:
1.The Walrus and the Carpenter 2. World War One 3. Lake District 4. Ode to a Roman Vase 5. Robert Browning 6. Henry Longfellow 7. William Wordsworth 8. Benjamin Franklin King 9. Lee 10. Edgar Allen Poe