Sherlock Holmes Quiz – Book Quizzes Online
1. At what address did Sherlock Holmes live?
663a Butcher Street
221b Baker Street
442c Candlestickmaker Street
2. In the Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle, what was a carbuncle?
An early bicycle
3. Where was Sir Arthur Conan Doyle born?
4. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s mother and father were respectively…?
Scottish and Irish
Irish and English
English and Scottish
5. What was Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s occupation after leaving university?
6. Which of these actors was NOT famous for playing Sherlock Holmes?
7. Complete the title of the Sherlock Holmes’ mystery, ’The Adventure of the Man with the Twisted … ?
8. Where was ’The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes’ banned in 1929 for occultism?
9. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle wrote a book in which he supported which famous hoax?
Roswell alien autopsy
10. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was criticised for his attatchment to which religious movement?
Answers to the Sherlock Holmes Quiz:
1.221b Baker Street 2. A gemstone 3. Edinburgh 4. Irish and English 5. Doctor 6. Christopher Lee 7. Lip 8. USSR 9. Cottingley Fairies 10. Spiritualism